Marketing Account Manager
Financial Resources Group
Fort Mill, SC
The Marketing Account Manager will serve as a dedicated resource for financial advisors and programs throughout the country. The ideal candidate will have experience in creating and customizing marketing collateral, as well as in creating and executing marketing plans and campaigns across multiple geographic regions. The Marketing Account Manager will serve as a subject matter expert to consult on and make recommendations regarding marketing strategies and budgets; as well as maintain a database of a la carte marketing materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist financial advisors and institution programs with creating and executing marketing campaigns. Including but not limited to developing and implementing marketing/advertising strategies, plans and objectives, and marketing calendars.
- Serve as a marketing consultant and provide recommendations on best practices for various communication mediums to include but not limited to websites, social media, and LPL marketing tools.
- Create and conduct informational marketing presentations for financial advisors, program representatives, and executives to educate them on various marketing tools, resources, and best practices.
- Write and edit content for advisors’ marketing collateral; demonstrating an understanding of compliance communication requirements.
- Serve as project manager for marketing campaigns and collateral, working closely with key individuals to obtain compliance approval on certain marketing materials.
- Possess, obtain, and remain current in a thorough knowledge and understanding of social media best practices; working closely with Digital Marketing Coordinators on initiatives for advisors.
- Achieve a thorough understanding of LPL Financials’ marketing tools and resources; learning how to implement and customize for specific target market strategies.
- Track marketing expenses for financial advisors and programs; ensuring that marketing items are billed correctly and charged to the appropriate budget(s).
- Work with the FRG onboarding team to bring new advisors on to FRG’s platform and prepare marketing materials for Day 1 implementation.
- Design logos, graphics, and marketing collateral for brand development in financial advisors’ businesses; formatting as needed for a variety of mediums.
- Assist in the management and use of the marketing mailbox, internal CRM and tracking tools, compliance approvals, and delivery to employees.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field (preferred; or experience in lieu of).
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of marketing and/or project management experience in a financial institution or related capacity.
- Demonstrated and proven interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong computer proficiency (3+ years preferred) with the following: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Office, and web-based CRM required.
- Sound understanding of the principles of marketing; advanced understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to marketing for maximum impact.
- Demonstrated ability to work and deliver under pressure against tight deadlines and budgets with accuracy; proven project management and planning skills.
- Experienced and comfortable with large data-mining and analysis.
- Strong attention to detail, solid organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving ability; experience and ability to manage a marketing campaign budget.
- Proven ability to work both independently as well as part of a team, following through with assigned tasks, project components, etc., and providing updates as appropriate.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media applications; general design skills for print and web.
- Must be creative and innovative while possessing the ability to take initiative and correct problems and proactively prevent errors; strong writing and editing skills.