New Iberia/Lafayette, LA
JD Prime Investments
A financial consultant provides financial planning and investment advice to individuals, corporate organizations and governments. The main role of the financial advisor is to help the involved parties maintain a good balance of investment earnings, assets and an acceptable risk level. Often times, financial advisory services are sought when the client wants advice regarding financial investments such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other investment strategies. The services provided by a financial advisor usually make strategizing for events, such as huge asset acquisitions or retirement, easier for the clients.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
• Serves as primary contact for clients. Meets with clients and examines client’s current financial situation through series of questions and analysis of current investment strategies.
• Keeps apprised of and, when applicable, conforms to current financial market trends, strategies and product offerings and regulations and provides objective advice based on this information.
• Markets, promotes and services financial products and services offered through broker/dealer.
• Provides securities, annuities and insurance products to new and established accounts and offers best possible asset management advice.
• Encourages clients to maintain diverse investment portfolios, enabling clients to work towards goals.
• Fully explains to client any potential risks involved in investment decisions.
• Implements effective method to track client accounts and maintains continued relationships through regular reviews and summaries.
• Continuously develops new business through meetings, seminars, referrals, etc., and increases revenues while maintaining integrity.
• Operates from assigned branches of the financial institution providing onsite coverage and availability to meet with walk-in clients and referrals from the financial institution.
• Works to achieve and exceed revenue goals.
Skills & Specifications:
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills.
• A proven record of acting in the best interests of the investor.
• Strong sales and negotiation skills.
• Must possess the necessary financial knowledge in insurance, retirement accounts, tax services and financing accounts.
• Trustworthy, professional and objective in providing advice.
• Able to build and nurture long-term relations.
• Self-directed and able to work within a team to expedite completion of critical projects with other functional groups.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven setting.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Solutions driven, with the ability to effective execute under pressure
• Maintain the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Must be able to pass a thorough background and credit check, as well as fingerprint approval process as required by FINRA and LPL Financial
Required Qualifications & Experience
• BS degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• Must hold current or obtain FINRA registrations Series 7, 66 or 65 (preferred), and life & health insurance licenses
• Minimum of 1/2 year as an LPL Associate Financial Consultant or 2 years as a Financial Consultant/Advisor