Business Consulting & Recruiting Director
Texas & Oklahoma
Financial Resources Group Investment Services
The Divisional Business Consulting and Recruiting Manager (Divisional Manager) will be responsible for delivering the Financial Resources Group Investment Services (FRGIS) value proposition by leading a team of approximately 35 Financial Advisors and 2 financial institutions in Texas and Oklahoma. The principle financial institution is International Bank of Commerce (IBC). The position includes recruiting new advisors and leading the existing team to achieve the AUM and revenue goals set by the company. Other responsibilities include developing strategies to grow “same store” sales, growing AUM, growing advisory AUM and assisting with implementation of these strategies along with varies marketing campaigns and tools, while ensuring that existing customers receive excellent service.
Duties and Evaluation Criteria:
- Responsible for recruiting 4 net new advisors (NNAs) in 2023. The 4 NNAs are in addition to the recruiting and business development done by the company’s home office business development team.
- Managing the activities of underperforming financial advisors
- The Texas/OK Division in 2022 will generate $16.5 million in gross commissions and fees. The 2023 “same store” revenue goal is $17 million.
- 2023 goal for Assets Under Advisement (AUA) is a 10% net growth rate (excluding market changes) which is $16.4 billion x 1.10% = $18,1 billion
- FRGIS Account retention and growth. The 2023 goal is to retain 100% of the existing financial institutions and independent advisors
- Have 100% of the advisors in the division meet their FINRA and Firm Element CE goals.
- Have no more than 5% of the branch office exams be graded unsatisfactory by LPL audit.
- Be an active participant in the over-all leadership of the company. Be a thought leader and contribute strategies to improve the over-all adoption of LPL technology (ClientWorks, Account View, Esignature etc.) to help scale advisors’ practices and offer competitive advantages. Support a holistic approach by advisors that include Life Insurance Sales; Financial Planning and growth of the advisory business.
- Stay current with the advisors in the region through bi-weekly calls, monthly meetings and at least two regionals advisor events.
- Assist financial institution advisors in generating appointments as retail branch traffic declines.
- A person of unquestioned ethics
Skills & Specifications:
- Ability to self-motivate, multi-task, and work within a team as well as independently.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively present and communicate with management and other team members.
- Superior customer service and attention to detail.
- Analytical skill set, ability to interact with any level within an
- Utilizes problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Exhibits confidence and an energetic and positive presence.
- Ability to coach and train representatives and financial institutions within their territory.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Being fluent in Spanish is a significant plus.
Demonstrated record of achievement in a prior leadership position and a minimum of 15 years of financial services experience.
- FINRA Series 7, 65/66 and 24.
- State of Texas and Oklahoma Life Insurance license.